CHAPTER Ⅰ. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1 [Purpose]
- The Korean International Copyright Law Society (the "Society") is established for conducting research on international trend of copyright laws, in conformity with Article 1 of the Statutes of ALAI to which the “Society” fully adheres.
Article 2 [Name]
- The Korean name of the Society is '한국국제저작권법학회’ and its English name is “The International Literary and Artistic Association of Korea” and its acronym is “ALAI KOREA”.
Article 3 [Head Office]
- The head office of the Society shall be located at Seoul, the Republic of Korea.
CHAPTER II. MEMBERS
Article 4 [Composition]
- The Society shall consist of the members who work in the field of copyright and related thereof.
Article 5 [Membership]
- Any individual and group who desires to become a Member of Society shall obtain an approval from the board of directors.
Article 6 [Membership Fee]
- Members shall be obliged to pay membership fee.
CHAPTER Ⅲ. OPERATION
Article 7 [President]
- 7.1 The president of the Society shall represent the Society.
- 7.2 The president of the Society shall be elected at the general meeting of members.
- 7.3 The term of office of the president shall be two (2) years and may be reappointed.
Article 8 [Directors]
- 8.1 The Society shall have at least three directors.
- 8.2 The directors shall be elected at the general meeting of members.
- 8.3 The term of office of the directors shall be two (2) years and may be reappointed.
Article 9 [Board of Directors]
- 9.1 The duties of board of directors shall be as follows:
- 9.1.1 Make a decision on the agenda to be brought up at the general meeting;
- 9.1.2 Execute the matters resolved at the general meeting; and
- 9.1.3 Execute other ordinary businesses of the Association
- 9.2 The president shall convene an annual general meeting once each year
- 9.3 If necessary, the president shall convene an extraordinary general meeting
- 9.4 The president shall become the chairman of board of directors.
- 9.5 Resolutions of the board of directors shall be adopted by the affirmative vote of a majority of the directors present. In case of a tie, the president shall exercise his casting vote.
Article 10 [Secretariat]
- 10.1 The Society shall have a secretariat for handling the affairs of Society.
- 10.2 The general secretary shall be appointed by the president with approval of the board of director.
Article 11 [Auditor]
- 11.1 The Society may have no more than two auditors.
- 11.2 The auditors shall be elected at the general meeting.
- 11.3 The term of office of auditors shall be two (2) years and may be reappointed.
- 11.4 Auditors shall be responsible for auditing the accounting of Society and, if they discover any wrongful act in executing accounting or business, they may request the president to convene the board of directors and the general meeting. In such event, the president shall respond to such request.
CHAPTER Ⅳ. GENERAL MEETING
Article 12 [General Meeting]
- 12.1 The general meeting shall elect the president, directors and auditors.
- 12.2 The general meeting shall make a decision on important matters of operation of the Society.
- 12.3 The president shall convene an annual general meeting once each year
- 12.4 If necessary, the president may convene an extraordinary general meeting.
- 12.5 The president shall become the chairman of general meeting.
- 12.6 The resolutions of the general meeting shall be adopted by the affirmative vote of a majority of the members present, in principle. In case of a tie, the president shall exercise his casting vote.
Article 13 [Revision]
- Any revision of the Statutes shall be adopted by affirmative vote of two-third of the members present.